Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Loves me some waiting in doctor offices

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon sitting in Sanitorio de la Trinidad yesterday. I had awoken to find one side of my face swollen to the size of small lemon, so I went straight away there. While I waited to see the resident doctor on duty, I studied the other patients waiting there as well. I played a little game to entertain myself called "Guess the Infirmity". I determined after some study that some had general aches & pains, one muscular guy was probably there for a torn ligament, a rather mousy woman was there for an allergic reaction to her 42 cats, another with bone cancer making it difficult to move, and me with my small new tumor. He he. It kept me entertained, along with cruising the 20 something hottie across from me. Finally, I saw the doctor and she ordered a sonogram (ecografĂ­a) of the area and determined that is was my thyroid gland was swollen and infected. She prescribed what I later found out was a potentially lethal dose of penicillin, until I later confronted her after realizing it. I was indignant that she had not asked me if I was allergic to penicillin. Anyway, the swelling is subsiding and me and my tumor face are hiding out at home in the meanwhile.

1 comment:

Suhana Ansari said...

Mumbai, the economic capital of India has a website called Mumbai Shopping. The website provides latest information about Mumbai City and Mumbai Business information. There are large numbers of business categories in this website under which there are hundreds of company list. That may be useful either you want to do shopping or you want to extend as a business purpose.